Friday, December 23, 2011

Wellington Phoenix v Newcastle Jets 23/12



Don't like the look of this game at all. Wellington play their 3rd game in 9 days but are good at home and probably going better than their opposition. Still no Paul Ifill to my knowledge though and he is their game breaker.Couldn't possibly back them to win at the shortish odds on offer.


I'd really love to tip Newcastle here at decent odds but their away form is atrocious this year and historically the trip over the Tasman for them is about on a par with that.


Wouldn't be confident about a draw either. Just as likely the game will be won or lost.


Both these teams are likely to be vying for 5th or 6th position come finals time so even at this stage both should be eyeing it as a crucial encounter. At this stage it is difficult to see either side finishing higher up than that.


If I had to stick my neck on the chopping block I'd be suggesting a 0-0 draw here but the game doesn't look a betting proposition to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment